Quotes on Cooking

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." ~ Harriet van Horne

"When baking, follow instructions. When cooking, go by your own taste." ~ Laiko Bahrs

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." ~ Virginia Woolf

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello?

I came back after work last Friday night, and saw a weird small box sitting in my porch. It turned out to be the book I've always wanted to get, but couldn't find in Kinokuniya (because even though they had it in store, they could never locate it, even after so many times of trying) - Harold McGee.


It was bound up in layers and layers of cling wrap, and there was some thick black writing on a piece of paper, saying, "Please do not give up" and a short note inside, ending with "From, A friend"


I don't recognise the writing, and although it is a very, very sweet gesture, I really don't feel comfortable. It's slightly stalker-ish. I mean, no offence, "Friend", but, I've got really mixed feelings about this... but thank you, whoever you are, for believing in me.


It's nice to know someone cares. We'll see when the 6th month comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment